A Function and it's Derivative
Type any function into the input bar on the right of the applet ( f(x)=sin(x) is a useful example that has already been provided, but you may enter what you'd like).
- Point A is a point on your function, and can be changed using the slider below the input box
- Point B is a point on the derivative of your function, and will trace the movements of A.
- Using the show f'(x) check box you can toggle the graph of the derivative on and off.
- The value s shows you the slope of the tangent line of the function at any given point A
- The play button will animate the slider, and show you how the points move together. Feel free to hit pause at any time.