(a) Intersection of 3 planes: example 1
- GeoGebra Institute of MEI
- Plot the planes with equations: x−2y+4z=4 x+y−z=2 x+3y+z=6
- Select Tools in the left-hand panel and use the Intersect two surfaces tool to find the line of intersection of two of the planes.
- Use the Intersect two surfaces tool again to find the line of intersection a different pair of planes.
- Select More and use the Intersect tool to find the point of intersection of these lines.
- Select Algebra in the left-hand panel to view the point of intersection.
What are the coordinates of the point of intersection?
How can you use a matrix to find the point of intersection of 3 planes?