Exploring Angles and Chords in Circles
1. Make a 180 degree and a 90 degree angle.
What do you notice about the size of the arcs made by these angles?
2. Make the angles congruent.
Finish this statement: Congruent central angles make ______________arcs
3. Now show the chords, Change the chords until they are the same length.
Finish this statement: Congruent chords make ___________________ arcs. Congruent Chords make ____________________ central angles.
4. Hide the arcs and just show the chords and the chord distances. Change the chords until they are different then they were but they are equal.
Finish this statement: Congruent chords are ___________________ from the center.
5. Hide the chord distances, and just show the chords and the Ppd bisectors.
Move the chords around until they are both different. Finish this statement: The Perpendicular bisector of ANY chord _____________________________________