Create a triangle and rotate it using this interactive worksheet
- Using the point tool, plot points A (–3, 0), B (3, 0), C (1, 1) and O (0, 0). You can change the name of a point by right-clicking it and selecting Settings.
- Create triangle ABC:
- Select the polygon tool.
- Click on A, B, C then back on A.
- Predict the coordinates of A’, B’ and C’, after the rotation of A, B and C by 180 degrees about O.
- We are going to rotate the triangle.
- Click on the Rotate around point tool. Click on point 'O'. Click inside triangle and type in angle 45. Select Clockwise and press OK. Watch the new triangle.
- Switch to the move tool and turn the triangle by dragging point C. Write down one observation.