- Pablo Rodríguez-Sánchez
This model represents the competitive interactions between two species as a two dimensional autonomous ordinary differential equation (shown in the applet). The main ingredientes of this applet are:
- The populations of each species: coded as x and y.
- The nullclines: marked in blue (for species x) and red (for species y).
- The trajectories in the phase space: represented by green lines (two different trajectories are represented here).
- The green points are the initial conditions of this trajectories
- The r coefficients control the speed of the dynamics
- The competition coefficients are coded in the array K. They have an straightforward geometrical meaning as the intersection points between nullclines. Thus, the values of K can be modified dragging and dropping the highlighted points in the nullclines