Find first 5 terms of sequence, write an explicit formula
- Mathguru, Walch Education
- Sequences and Series, Terms
An arithmetic sequence is defined recursively by , with = 29. Find the first 5 terms of the sequence, write an explicit formula to represent the sequence, and find the 15th term.
- Use the recursive formula to find the first five terms of the sequence.
- The first term is = 29 and the common difference is = 5, so the explicit formula is .
- Substitute 15 in for to find the 15th term in the sequence.